Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm In AP Heaven

I officially love AP History.

I hate it, too--there's an awful lot of reading, and our textbook is about as exciting as watching snot congeal. Plus, I refuse to let myself skim over the chapters just to find the stuff to answer the question we have every day, unlike at least half my class. Anyway, that's not the point--sorry for the tangent.

So, today we were talking about the Revolutionary War (the American one). I don't quite remember what we were talking about at the moment of my breakthrough (though I still managed to write it down in my notes). Anyway, I got to daydreaming about the world I'm currently building, and discovered a new piece of history.

My world now includes--at one point in history, anyway--the vast Gora Empire.

I'd also gotten the idea for the Border Wars from that class.

So, however much I hate having 2+ hours of reading every night, it's totally worth it. My world is really fleshing out.

Ahh... I love history...

No comments:

Post a Comment