Saturday, August 1, 2009

Introductions are in Order

I'm one of those socially awkward people whose talent seems to be invisibility. But that's not my defining trait. My "defining trait" is writing.

I am a writer. Writing is my pride and joy, my future career, my life. I adore writing. I adore creating characters and worlds, I adore exploring worlds and stories. Sometimes the words flow somewhat easily; sometimes I have to drag them out of my brain, bucking and hollering. Sometimes I like my characters. Sometimes my characters are annoying pests who hands-down refuse to back off and leave me alone. Sometimes people think I'm completely insane.

I've been truly serious about writing for nigh on five years, now, but it's only been in the past year and a half or so that I've started to notice how much I'm improving. Starting around about fifth grade, I began writing an "epic" fantasy story; I finished it in seventh grade. Turns out, it's the most melodramatic, coincidental, contrived, plotless piece of drivel I've ever made. When I read it, I cringe so much my face gets stuck in that position for a week. But that's a good sign--I know I've improved.

This blog's purpose is mainly for writing about writing, and about books in general. I'll try very hard to keep the ranting to a minimum--editing's a great tool for this.

So, that's the lowdown. Me = writer. Blog = stuff about writing and books. Pretty simple, ne?

No comments:

Post a Comment