Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vampires and Hypocrisy

This is not another badly-disguised rant about vampires. I reallyreally promise.

Sometime last school year--maybe halfway through second semester--I created a story with a theatre troupe consisting (mostly) of "vampires". There's not a better word for them, just because they have a disease wherein they need to ingest large quantities of hemoglobin in order to live. Yeah, yeah, I'm a hypocrite. That's not the point, though.

So, what is my point?

Well, the two main characters--two of three, anyway--are Reg and Belinda, the leaders of the theatre troupe (Reg formed it at Belinda's insistence). They're also my favorite characters in the book--not that that says much, seeing as how I really only have three other characters in the story at the moment. Anyway, these two just *happened* to sidle into my thoughts the other day.

So, naturally, I walked up to them (in my head) and demanded to know if they were going to start pulling the same crap that certain *other* characters have pulled in the past. Namely, changing their storyline over and over until it doesn't resemble in any way, shape, or form the original storyline. This has happened with two certain characters in the past--manymany times. Perhaps it's a bit premature to worry about it now, considering nothing of the sort has really happened.

My paranoia knows no bounds. Dramatic sigh... Belinda, Reg, why do you incite my paranoia so? Why must you torture me? Melodramatic sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment